Only a few months left to Claim a Tax Credit for Residential Solar Panels
The 30 percent residential solar credit:
- drops to 26 percent for tax year 2020,
- drops to 22 percent for tax year 2021, and
- terminates in 2022.
Also, unlike the 30 percent commercial solar credit, where you can qualify for the 30 percent tax credit when you commence construction (as defined by the IRS, but easy to do), your 30 percent residential credit is granted when you place the solar property in service.
If you are thinking of the 30 percent tax credit for a solar installation on a residence you own, don’t let the time slip away, because you must have the solar property in use before December 31 to qualify for the 30 percent tax credit.
He is also a founding Board Member and Finance Director of the Fayette Pregnancy Resource Center and serves on the Board of the National Equal Rights Institute.
Latest posts by David Conley (see all)
- If Alexa were made by Southerners. . . - September 25, 2019
- Sell your C-Corp business and pay no tax?:
It's possible under Section 1202- September 23, 2019
- Get a 30 Percent Tax Credit for Residential Solar Panels:
Act quickly if you want this credit- September 18, 2019